We are thrilled about these changes, and are looking forward excitedly for the new strategy to begin!
So what are the changes?
Moving forward, Stampin’ Up! will release one annual catalogue, comparable to (but larger than) the current Idea Book & Catalogue, and two seasonal catalogues, comparable to (but larger than) the current mini catalogues.
The annual catalogue will be available at the same time as the Austrailian , and only a month after the release of the North American catalogue. Even better, both the annual and seasonal catalogues will contain almost all of the same products (with some exceptions) that are available in North America! (As far as I can work out it is probably the Design Studio software that we won't get)
The annual catalogue will contain more of our core products, and the seasonal catalogues allow us the opportunity to supplement our core offering with more trendy and seasonal products. Also, the same number of translated/localised stamp sets will be available, but the translated sets will be available in clear-mount only.
Because aligning the markets involves a lot of moving parts, we will be using the 2012-2013 catalogue year as a transition period, and will finalise the alignment with the release of the 2013-2014 annual catalogue.
Here are the details:
- The 2012-2013 annual catalogue will run from 1 October, 2012 through 30 June, 2013. You may notice that this catalogue will only be live for nine months. The 2013-2014 annual catalogue will go live on 1 July, 2013, at the same time as the South Pacific catalogue, and a month after the North American catalogue, and the alignment will be complete.
- The annual catalogue will be increased from 133 pages in the current Idea Book & Catalogue to 204 pages. This increase is to accommodate all of the products that were previously only available in North America!
We are very excited that the new annual catalogue will contain a significantly increased product offering--which will help you appeal to a wider audience--without increasing the catalogue price for you.
Just as exciting as the increased product offering in the new annual catalogue, is the fact that now you will also have two larger seasonal catalogues. Both of these catalogues will be available within a month of the North American seasonal catalogues, and will have an almost identical product offering!
- The Mini Catalogues will be replaced by two seasonal catalogues called the autumn/winter and the spring/summer catalogues.
- The first autumn/winter catalogue will run from 1 September, 2012 through 31 January, 2013. You will notice that this year the autumn/winter catalogue launches one month prior to the release of the annual catalogue. We chose to make sure you had this new seasonal catalogue during this transition year, even though there is some overlap that will not exist after the alignment is complete.
- The first spring/summer catalogue will run from the beginning of February, 2013 through 30 June, 2013.
- The seasonal catalogues will be larger in both size (21.6 cm x 27.9 cm) and page count (about 40 pages) than the current mini catalogues.